In the IML field, VIAPPIANI serves the injection, blow moulding and thermoforming industry. In-mould labelling cannot fail to impress due to its outstanding quality and is undoubtedly one of the most modern and revolutionary techniques for the decoration of containers, bottles and other plastic parts.
IML technology is employed on containers and other plastic parts directly in the forming mould. A pre-printed label,
which is generally made of polypropylene (PP), is inserted into an injection mould by means of a robot and an
electrostatic charge ensures that the label remains in the right position.
Plastic material is then injected into the mould and assumes the shape of the product, while the label fuses with the moulded product. The end result is that the packaging and label become a single entity.
Advantages of in-mould labels:
- Perfect adhesion to the container, even on curved surfaces and edges
- One-step production of a labelled container
- Full recyclability of the container, including the label
- Non-removable (prevents counterfeiting)
- Possibility of removable purchase-proofs
- Increased packaging line speeds
- Superior heat, moisture and chemical resistance